Athletic Brewing Co. UK Strava Challenge Terms & Conditions
THE ATHLETIC BREWING CO. UK STRAVA CHALLENGE PRIZE DRAW
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The promoter is Athletic Brewing Co. UK Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 13135395 and our registered office is at 37 Vintage House Albert Embankment, London, England, SE1 7TL (‘ABC’).
About this Prize Draw
- Entrants to the Prize Draw are required to:
(i) Complete a full Ironman challenge in 7 days using the Strava App (swim, bike, run) with a total distance of 140.6 miles (the ‘Strava Challenge’);
(ii) Enter the Prize Draw on the ABC UK Strava Challenge webpage.
- Entry into the Prize Draw is free and no purchase is necessary. By entering into the Prize Draw, entrants will be deemed to have agreed and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- When completing the Strava Challenge, entrants must comply with the Strava Community Standards, available here: strava.com/community-standards
How to enter
- The Prize Draw will run from 12:00 a.m. BST on August 16, 2021 (the "Opening Date") to 11:59 a.m. BST on August 22, 2021 (the "Closing Date") inclusive (the ‘Promotional Period’).
- Entrants must have the Strava GPS Cycling and Running App (‘Strava App’), which may consist of a free or subscription service, and a Strava-compatible device.
- Neither entrants’ ability to participate in, nor odds of winning, the Prize Draw will be affected by the type of Strava service (free or subscription service) used to complete the Strava Challenge.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Prize Draw.
- During the Promotional Period, entrants should log on to https://uk.athleticbrewing.com/pages/140-6-hustle and click on the ‘Join Challenge’ Icon. Upon completion of the Strava Challenge criteria, entrants must follow the on-screen entry instructions for the Prize Draw which will direct entrants to the ABC UK Strava Challenge website. Entrants must complete all required information in order to enter the Prize Draw.
- A copy of these Prize Draw terms and conditions is available on our website at uk.athleticbrewing.com.
The Prize Draw is only open to all residents in the UK aged 18 years or over, except:
- Employees of ABC, Strava Inc., or World Triathlon Corporation and their respective affiliates;
- Employees of agents or suppliers of ABC or Strava Inc. and their respective affiliates, who are professionally connected with the Prize Draw or Strava Challenge or the administration of either; or
- Members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- By entering the Prize Draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and are eligible to claim any prize you may win. ABC may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Prize Draw.
ABC will not accept Prize Draw entries that are:
- Automatically generated by computer;
- Completed by third parties or in bulk; or
- There is a limit of one entry to the Prize Draw per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- ABC reserves all rights to disqualify any person if, in ABC’s sole discretion, whose conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Prize Draw.
- Prize Draw entries cannot be returned or deleted.
- The Prize Draw is only open to all residents in the UK aged 18 years or over, except:
A total of three (3) winners will be drawn, with each winner being entitled to receive the following prize:
- One (1) entry into the IRONMAN Barcelona Event scheduled for 3 October 2021; and
- One (1) ABC branded tri-suit.
- Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed above and will not include any additional items, cash awards, or paid expenses, which will be the entrant’s sole responsibility. ABC will bear the full costs of delivery of the prizes to the winners.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include travel or travel insurance, the cost of transfers to and from airports or stations, food or drink, spending money, tax or any personal expenses in relation to participating in the IRONMAN Barcelona event. Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the prize are the responsibility of the winners.
- There is a limit one prize per family or household. No substitution or transfer of a prize by a winner is permitted.
- ABC reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are subject to availability. There is no cash alternative for the prize. Prize eligibility and fulfilment are at the sole discretion of ABC. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, ABC will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries in accordance with these terms. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held for each of the three prizes, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
- A total of three (3) winners will be drawn, with each winner being entitled to receive the following prize:
- The decision of ABC is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The winners will be randomly selected from those entrants that have both (i) completed the physical activities required by the Strava Challenge, and (ii) submitted their entry to the Prize Draw via the ABC UK Strava Challenge website.
- ABC will contact the winners personally as soon as practicable after the Closing Date, using the telephone number or the email address provided with the Prize Draw entry. It will not be possible for ABC to amend any contact information once the Prize Draw entry information has been submitted by an entrant.
- Winners will have five (5) days to confirm by reply email or by telephone to ABC their acceptance of the prize. ABC reserves the right to verify all entries including, without limitation, asking for proof of identity details, prior to awarding prizes to any Prize Draw winners.
- Winners may be required to confirm in writing that they agree to, and have at all times acted in accordance with, these terms and conditions.
- ABC reserves the right to publicise the outcome of the Prize Draw, the winners and winning entries, and the winners’ participation in the Barcelona Ironman, including names and photographs of the winners, in any media ABC desires. If you object to any aspect of such publicity, please notify ABC when you confirm acceptance of the prize. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, note that ABC must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority upon request.
- To receive a list of the names of all the prize winners, please send a self-addressed and stamped envelope within 30 days following the Closing Date to the address provided at the beginning of these terms.
- ABC will make all reasonable efforts to contact winners. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, ABC reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- ABC does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
Limitation of liability
- Before engaging in the Strava Challenge and entering the Prize Draw, it is strongly recommended that you consult with your doctor or other health care professional to confirm that you are in suitable physical condition to do so. In taking part in the Strava Challenge and in entering the Prize Draw, entrants understand and agree that physical activity carries an inherent risk of injury, or in the worst case, death. Entrants understand and agree that neither ABC nor Strava will be liable for any injury sustained in the course of the Strava Challenge. Any entrants who have any doubts as to their ability to participate in the Strava Challenge are advised not to take part.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, ABC, World Triathlon Corporation, and their respective agents, affiliates or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense, personal injury or death suffered or occurring in connection with your participation in the Strava Challenge or Prize Draw except where it is caused by the negligence of ABC, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- For the avoidance of doubt the provisions of the limitations of liability in these terms and conditions shall apply in relation to your (i) participation in the Strava Challenge, (ii) participation in the Prize Draw, and (iii) in the event that you are a prize winner and take part, or are unable for any reason to take part, in the Barcelona Ironman as part of your prize.
Ownership of Prize Draw entries and intellectual property rights
- All Prize Draw entries and any accompanying material submitted to ABC will become the property of ABC on receipt and will not be returned.
- You agree that ABC may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website www.uk.athleticbrewing.com and any other media (including its worldwide social media accounts), whether now known or arising in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Prize Draw. You agree to grant, and do grant, ABC a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the Prize Draw entry and any accompanying or related materials including any photographs of you, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the Prize Draw entry and any accompanying or related materials for such purposes.
By participating in the Prize Draw, entrants hereby acknowledge and consent that:
- The processing of the entrants’ personal data, necessary to allow their participation in the Prize Draw, and for the administration of the Prize Draw including publicising the Prize Draw winners, will be carried out by ABC, as data controller; and
- Strava will act as an independent data controller of the personal data of entrants collected through the Strava App to measure their physical performance when completing the Strava Challenge. In this context, Strava is independently responsible for its compliance with the obligations with respect to the processing of entrants’ personal data under applicable data protection laws.
- Personal data will be processed by ABC in compliance with the applicable data protection laws and regulations, including the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018, and kept for the time necessary to achieve the specific data processing purposes described herein, unless shorter or longer retention periods apply under applicable laws.
- By participating in the Prize Draw, entrants hereby acknowledge and consent that:
- ABC may publicise the Strava Challenge and the Prize Draw on its social media pages, including on Facebook and Instagram. The Strava Challenge and Prize Draw are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, ABC may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the Prize Draw.
- ABC reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Prize Draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Upon suspension or cancellation of the Prize Draw, ABC cannot be held liable for any expenses incurred or damages suffered, whether direct, indirect, consequential or inconsequential, and ABC shall not be obliged to organise any alternative Prize Draw or offer any alternative prize.
- If any term of these Prize Draw terms and conditions is be found to be void or contrary to law, such term shall be deemed to be severable from the other terms and provisions herein, and the remainder of the terms shall remain in effect.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.